Lisarow-Ourimbah Junior Cricket Club History
Lisarow-Ourimbah Cricket Club was formed when the Lisarow and Ourimbah Cricket Clubs merged after World War II had ended in 1945. They first entered teams in the 1946/47 Season of the Gosford District Cricket Association Competition.
In 1956 the Gosford District Cricket Association decided to form a Junior Competition starting with one age group the Under 16s.
The first junior match was held between Lisarow-Ourimbah and Saratoga on December 1st 1956. Lisarow-Ourimbah won the match outright. Other teams in the competition were Gosford, East Gosford, Narara and St Edwards.
In 1970 the Wyong Cricket Association merged with Gosford to form the Gosford-Wyong District Cricket Association. Teams now played in the Under 10s, 12s, 14s and 16s age competitions for the 1970/71 Season.
For the 1972/73 Season the Gosford-Wyong District Cricket Association decided to move the U16s into the Senior Competition which was played on Saturday afternoon. They remained in this competition until the end of the 1987/88 Season. Then the Gosford-Wyong District Cricket Association finally decided to move the U16s back into the 1988/89 Junior Competition with the U14s, U12s and U10s.
Representative honours began for the club in 1973 with two players Trevor Davies and P Douglas from the Under 12s making the Representative Team in their first season. Also in the early 1980’s two of our juniors Paul and Anthony Wilson gained selection in the Newcastle and Regions Under 16 Tour to Great Britain.
Lisarow-Ourimbah Junior Cricket Club was formed as a sub-committee of the Senior Cricket Club in 1994. This was organised both by Eugene Simpson who was the Junior Club’s inaugural President and Greg McGill who was its inaugural treasurer.
Lisarow-Ourimbah Junior Cricket Club is still a member of the now named Central Coast Junior Cricket Association which conducts the competitions. Both boys and girls can now play cricket starting with Junior Blasters, Masterer Blasters, U11s, U12s, U13s, U14s and U16s.
Information courtesy of Phil Dales – Cricket Historian of The Central Coast